Such an easy and refreshing dessert! If you need something beautiful but quick, this is your recipe!
- One boxed chocolate cake mix (with water, oil and eggs to make according to package)
- One (8 oz) container of Cool Whip
- One (7 oz) container of Jet Puffed Marshmallow fluff
- One tub of ready-made chocolate frosting
- About 25 ripe strawberries.
- Make cake according to box and bake in 2- 8 or 9 inch round pans.
- Cool cakes, trim off tops to level each cake and cut each cake into two layers
- Mix Cool Whip and marshmallow fluff together until smooth.
- Spoon frosting into bowl and heat for about 30 seconds in microwave. Stir. It should be a hot fudge consistency.
- Wash and slice strawberries lengthwise (I used an egg slicer to make this easier).
- Place one layer of cake on serving plate. Spread with a bit of melted frosting and a bit of the cream mixture.
- Place strawberries along the edge with points facing out. Use small pieces to fill in the middle.
Do this with each layer and then top final layer with remaining cream and frosting.
- Decorate as desired.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
My thoughts: I miss summer. I’ve been craving strawberries and this yummy cake did the trick! It is easy and delicious and you’ll impress everyone you serve it to! Enjoy!!! ~r